Saturday, February 17, 2007

Our blog got referenced

Our blog got referenced in www.alittlepregnant.com yesterday. It's in the comments section - posted by Carol at Feb 16, 2007 3:44:11 PM.

It's the first "here". And yeah, of course one cheesy person posted some not so great stuff in the comment of my blog after that, but what do you expect- there really are all kinds of people out there..... Some intended to start more of a debate, or said some not so nice things as well, not exactly what I was going for there...

And, most likely they don't know (or haven't bothered to learn) the struggles that we went through with infertility. But we've moved on, and are in a great place for us.

As another commenter, "Andrea" on another blog said "I know cardinal rule No. 1 of commenting on blogs is to remember that this is someone's blog -- someone who has all the rights in the world to say whatever he/she damn well pleases." Obviously not everyone follows that logic ;)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi. I guess that I must be one of these "cheesy people" to which you refer (um, ouch!) I did come over here from Julie's blog, and when I read your post, I thought that you were attempting to engage in a discussion about the Starbucks cup. Clearly I was mistaken. I think that a lot of the other posters had the same misunderstanding. You'll notice that Julie also referenced another adoption blog, and nobody commented there, because the nature of the referenced post was so different, and didn't invite debate. I didn't think that anybody's comments here were even remotely offensive, rude, or disrespectful to your purposes here, and I wouldn't have joined in if I thought that they were. I'm sorry that you felt otherwise. Anyway, I really just wanted to let you know that a) Some of these "cheesy" posters saw your story as a result of this post, and cared enough to come back and see how you're doing. b) I wish you all the best with your adoption. I can imagine that waiting for a placement is really difficult, but it will be so worth it when the time comes.

I'm not planning to visit your blog again, since I gather that this blog is really intended for friends & family, and not to engage strangers in a discussion. After seeing your most recent post, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I didn't intend to hurt your feelings, and that I'm sorry if that's what happened.

Owl Gal Liz said...

I'm happy to have all kinds of visitors here :) This blog is for everyone to follow our adventures in adoption. You are more than welcome to visit, don't feel the need to go... :)

I was a bit taken aback by some posters on the original post- because yeah, those are our views and what we though about the cup.

We went through numerous fertility treatments ourselves (which I am sure the orignial "commenters" didn't know or bother to find out) and can feel sympathy towards those with IF. We've been there and moved on ourselves to adoption.

The whole point of the cup was to start conversation, and yes it did.

I'm a bit taken aback that people are not so nice in other folks blogs, I guess I'm in the mindset of treat others the way you want to be treated. And I like to be treated nicely :)