Monday, October 08, 2007

Adoption prayer

A friend on a message board I am on shared this prayer with me. Yesterday was Respect Life Sunday at her church, and they had this prayer to share. I thought it was beautiful and wanted to share it.

Prayer to Conceive or Adopt

Lord God, my desire for a child grows stronger every day.
Cradle me in your love and calm all my anxieties.
I look to you for insight to make the dream of parenthood a reality.
Stir in my heart the desire to follow your will in all my decisions.

Give me courage to trust your guiding presence.
Deepen my faith in your plan for our family.
Shine your divine mercy and compassion upon me.
Amen

2 comments:

Meli said...

That's a great quote.
Are you Christian yourself? Have you ever thought about attending church? God could offer you great strength during this tumultuous process if you allow Him to.

Owl Gal Liz said...

Actually, yes we are =)