Friday, July 13, 2007

Friends


It's times like this, and weeks like this that you realize who your true friends are. It's been a rough week, full of ups and downs. I want to thank my true friends who were there for me, helped me, and supported me. I am very lucky to have the friends that I do, both new and old. I don't think I thank them enough for being the great people that they are.



A note, a call, a post, a shout out, even an instant message can make all the difference in the world when you are feeling down or upset about something. And when being a bit unrealistic, or idealistic about something, a friend is there to tell you (kindly) that you are being stubborn or might have a bit of a skewed view on things. A true friend supports you, but also accepts you for who you are. True, good friends are really hard to find, and when we are lucky enough to have them, they should be cherished.

I was fortunate enough to gather friends along the way as I grew up, went to college, worked, planned a wedding.... and now I am gaining more friends as we go through the adoption process. I really do appreciate all those friends, and their support. I don't think I thank them enough for being who they are, but they really do all, in their own way, have a special place in my heart.

Our children are going to have lots of "aunts" and "uncles" in their lives. And for this we are very lucky and blessed....

I know we don't say it enough, but thank you for your friendship, it means the world to us.

No comments: