Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We're hoping there's room at the (Holiday) Inn...

Yep, we're matched. We found out today. The birthmother is due tomorrow, and if the baby hasn't come by Christmas she'll be induced at 8 AM that day.

We're heading off on Thursday (we are driving) - because we need a day to get everything together. I suspect we'll be there longer than normal since there is a little thing called "the holidays" that may delay the ICPC (all the legal paperwork) and stuff.

The birthmother doesn't want us in the room, and that is ok with us. We'll be in the waiting room, then get to see our SON in the nursery =)

We hope to be back by the end of the year, though it might be 2008 by the time we bring our son home. For everyone local, be prepared for a cookout some weekend in January. We want EVERYONE to come meet our son and celebrate with us! We'll have more details when we get back.

Please send good thoughts and prayers, karma, whatever you can muster to our birthparents as they go through this, our son as he is born, and us as we travel to meet him.

We are cautiously optimistic (as sometimes things can go wrong) and will tell everyone (and shout it from the rooftops!) when the paperwork is done and we are headed home.

If we don't have your email address (or address for that matter) PLEASE send it to us at mikeandlizadopt @ yahoo.com . We want to make sure everyone is included!

Love, Mike and Liz

18 comments:

Tracy said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is the best news I have heard since we got Charlotte!! YAY! I am so thrilled and happy and elated for you and am sending many good thoughts your way!! I can't wait to hear more as you tell us more!

Tracy

Lawfrog said...

I am beyond thrilled for you!! This is the best news ever. I literally cried upon receiving your e-mail. YAH!!!

Haylie said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for ya'll! Congrats!

ME! said...

What a beautiful gift... my thoughts will be with you and Mike (and of course the birthmother) as you prepare for this process... as well as prayers for patience, strength, and safe travel.

--Kasey

Dooney's Mama said...

I am so excited for you and Mike.

Mommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Lani said...

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have tears in my eyes as i am writing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys TOTALLY deserve this!!!!

I hope everything goes well and please send me an e-mail and keep me posted!!!

My thoughts are with you and mike and the BM.

Good Luck!!!!!!

Jessica Davis said...

wOne of the amazing things about children is their ability to bring the world together. This is the most amazing gift and one that you both have waited so long for, I wish you safe travels, an easy labor for the birth mother and a wonderful first (and ever after) sighting of your son.

G said...

I have been reading your blog for months, as my husband and I have been going through our adoption process. When I saw that you were matched, I could not believe my eyes! I am so happy for you and will be praying and waiting to hear how things go. Congratulations!!

Minnie said...

MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS!

Godspeed.

Jake and Emily said...

HOORAY! :) Can't wait to see that baby bundled up next to you in a Moby Wrap!

Display Name said...

Yes!!! Prayers are with you.

beagle said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations and Good Luck with everything!

Paige said...

Oh my gosh! I have never left a comment on this blog, and I'm not sure how I even found it, but I have been following your adoption progress (and sometimes lack thereof) for some time now. I am ecstatic about your new little one!! What a Christmas to remember.

nickoletta100 said...

My heart stopped, my breathing stopped. I am speechless at how overwhelmingly excited I am for you and Mike!!! This is your very own Christmas miracle!! You will be a mommy for Christmas!! OMG, things just work in such amazing ways. My prayers are with you, Mike, your soon to be son as well as the Birthmom and Birthdad. I cannot wait to hear all about him. Please include me in any email you send out! nickoletta100 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! I stopped directly in my reading of your post on the babybags board when I saw that you said you were about to leave to pick up your son. I am, just like the others, in near tears reading your post. I am excited for you and your family...I can only imagine the excitement you and Mike are feeling. :D I can not wait to see his little sweet face and pray that all goes well during the delivery for everyone. I pray that the courts, attorneys or whomever you must work with to get the paperwork completed do so expeditiously so that you can go home with your son to enjoy your first Christmas with him and your family and friends. Please keep me in your list if you can...I would love to hear about him as soon as you are able to. God Bless everyone involved in this process...the Lord is GOOOD!! ~Tina G.

Kate said...

I am in tears I am so happy for you! What a beautiful Christmas gift to have your son in your arms--finally! I will pray that everything goes smoothly from the travel to the paperwork, and of course, the birth. I will also be praying for the birth mother and father and asking for special blessings to them.

HAPPINESS!!!

-Kate (KatieKat)

Alison said...

Yay, congrats! I found your blog through the nest and it's one of the first I read every morning. Yesterday was the one day I didn't read it because I had a dentist appointment and look what news I missed! I am so happy for you guys, you will be great parents!